1964
Wine and Port

Products

First | | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | | Last

Barolo, 1964

Valfieri - Riserva

Barolo lies just south-west of Alba in Italy's north-western Piedmont region. It is considered one of the finest and longest-lived wines, often referred to as 'the king of wines and the wine of kings'. Wine production is strictly limited to the vineyards located on steep hills around the towns of Barolo, La Morra, Castiglione Falletto, Serralunga d'Alba and Monforte d'Alba, Despite the different characteristics of these wines due to the varied terroir, they do display similar traits. These include a garnet color, powerful structure, firm tannins and high levels of acidity and alcohol, with the capacity to age for many years.

Price: £159.00 (16 in Stock)

View details »

Barolo, 1964

Prandi

Barolo is known as the 'king of wines' and is made from the Nebbiolo grape. Heady aromas of rose, leather, vanilla, cherry, pepper, cranberry, strawberry. Fruits are perfectly knitted with the tannins and acidity. It's a powerful wine but remarkably subtle. Don't underestimate it and certainly serve it with food to show at it's best. Nebbiolo has naturally high tannins and acidity, so it will take on full-flavoured, rich foods no problem at all.

Price: £149.00 (1 in Stock)

View details »

Barolo, 1964

Franco Fiorina

Barolo is known as the 'king of wines' and is made from the Nebbiolo grape. Heady aromas of rose, leather, vanilla, cherry, pepper, cranberry, strawberry. Fruits are perfectly knitted with the tannins and acidity. It's a powerful wine but remarkably subtle. Don't underestimate it and certainly serve it with food to show at it's best. Nebbiolo has naturally high tannins and acidity, so it will take on full-flavoured, rich foods no problem at all.

Price: £249.00 (2 in Stock)

View details »

Carema, 1964

L. Bertolo

Carema is a red winemaking zone and boasts the king of Italian red grapes, Nebbiolo, as its leading varietal. The wine must comprise 85% of this variety, the remainder made up of a maximum 15% of authorized Piedmont red grapes. Ageing requirements are 36 months, of which 24 must be in wood, while the riserva must spend an extra six months in oak. Carema is a small mountainous area neighboring the Aosta Valley in the far northern corner of Piedmont, in north-western Italy. This unique viticultural landscape is situated in the province of Turin and was awarded its DOC classification in 1967. Similar to the steep,

Price: £139.00 (1 in Stock)

View details »

Chateau des Coulinats, 1964

Croix du Mont (sweet white)

Wow an excellent Sauternes-style Bordeaux Wine. Light orange colour; mature, orange tea, baked apple, dried mushroom nose; rich, silky, mature, tobacco, dried mushroom palate with good acidity; long finish.

Price: £139.00 (1 in Stock)

View details »

Chateau Lafite Rothschild, 1964

Pauillac 1er Grand Cru Classe,

Good label/Level high-shoulder

Price: £595.00 (1 in Stock)

View details »

Chateau Lynch-Bages, 1964

Pauillac, 5th Growth Classification

The Chateau draws its name partly from the plain upon which it is sat (Bages) and partly from 75 years of ownership by the Lynch family. Although the wine has lost some of its fruitiness over the years, it is still very drinkable.

Price: £129.00 (2 in Stock)

View details »

Chateau Talbot, 1964

St Julien, 4me Cru Classe

From the good 1964 wine vintage, the Chateau Talbot has a good level.
Reviews.
Colour was good, nose and palate were as expected, but still fresh enough. Cellar Tracker.com

Price: £225.00 (12 in Stock)

View details »

Cockburn Port, 1964

Crusted Port
Bottled by J Lovibond and Sons Ltd

A rare bottle of Cockburn Crusted Port

Price: £295.00 (3 in Stock)

View details »

Corbieres, 1964

Paul Herpes

Corbières is an Appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC) for wine in the Languedoc-Roussillon, France, and it is this region's largest AOC, responsible for 46 per cent of the region's AOC wine production in 2005. Red wine dominates the production in Corbières with almost 95 per cent, with 3.5 per cent rosé wine and 2 per cent white wine making up the balance. Carignan is the most common grape variety. The AOC was created in 1985, covers 13,500 hectares (33,000 acres) of vineyards and produces an average of 554,000 hectoliters of wine per year, corresponding to 74 million bottles.

Price: £69.00 (1 in Stock)

View details »

First | | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | | Last